For all media inquiries, please contact Gwendolyn Driscoll, Senior Director, Brand Communications.
More than 8,000 patients visit our Hope Emergency Center each month, making ours one of the busiest emergency departments in Los Angeles County.
Labor and delivery
About Our Hospital
- Our hospital is the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
- Our acronym is MLKCH
- Our hospital opened in May 2015
- 2017 Health Care’s Most Wired® winner—one of only three hospitals in Los Angeles to receive the award in 2017 along with Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) and Cedars-Sinai
- Our service area includes LA County's Service Planning Area (SPA) 6 and zip codes located within a three-mile radius from the hospital
- LEED® Certified™ Silver
- We are governed by a public-private partnership, the Martin Luther King, Jr. - Los Angeles Healthcare Corporation (MLK-LA)
- Achieved HIMSS Analytics Stage 7—only 6.4% of hospitals in the US had reached Stage 7 by the end of 2017
Talk to an expert
We have subject matter experts available in the areas of public health, healthcare in underserved communities, nursing education and training, and more. If we can be a resource in your story, please email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
News & Press Releases
Exciting things are happening here! See why Politico recently called us 'the hospital of the future' by exploring our recent news, media coverage, and press releases in MLKCH News.
Photography & graphics
We’re happy to provide you with the following photo and graphic assets for use in your reporting. Please contact us to arrange your own photography of our hospital, staff, or patients.
Please contact Gwendolyn Driscoll, Senior Director, Brand Communications.