Our hospital is
here for you
Our emergency room is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You’re hurt. Or ill. Is it an emergency?
Inside our ER—named the Hope Emergency Center—we can help you with many different injuries and sicknesses, including:
- Terrible pains in your stomach or back
- Unexplained bleeding
- Head injuries
- Broken bones
- High fever—especially in babies and children
- Serious burns
- Seizures—this could mean epilepsy
We also treat non-emergency things like minor cuts, mild asthma, and sprains.
Slurred speech? Chest pain? Weakness on one side of your body? Call 9-1-1.
You should call 9-1-1 if you have any of these symptoms:
- Experiencing pain in the chest
- A headache that comes on very fast and is so bad that you can’t function
- Suddenly can’t talk normally
- Feel weak on one side of your body
- Feel suddenly off-balance
It's always better to be safe.
If you need to stay in the hospital
Sometimes a trip to the emergency room means you might also need to stay at the hospital for a brief time. Rest assured you will receive the highest quality of care for whatever length of time you are here. MLKCH has doctors on staff around the clock, seven days a week, in our hospital and intensive care unit.