Scared of coming to the hospital because of COVID-19? It’s far riskier to delay needed care. MLKCH is committed to keeping you safe at our hospital and health clinics.
Here is a list of safety precautions we’re taking:
- We are offering telehealth/telemedicine appointments in place of in person appointments. During that virtual appointment, the patient’s care is assessed to determine the need for an in-person appointment.
- We encourage all patients to first speak with a doctor via their health plan’s free or low-cost telehealth appointment system. Here is how to make a telehealth appointment.
- At the hospital, all patients are screened in a private tent prior to entering our Emergency Department. Anyone with suspected COVID-19 is routed immediately to a separate triage tent.
- At our clinics, all patients are screened for COVID symptoms prior to entering our facility. Those with likely symptoms of COVID are immediately placed in a private room.
- All patients, regardless of condition, are given a mask upon entry to our treatment spaces.
- All MLKCH staff wear masks and other protective equipment at all times to ensure safety. This equipment is replaced after each interaction with a patient.
- Treatment areas are thoroughly wiped down with antibacterial and antiviral cleaning products before and after a patient is seen.
Front Desk Shields
- Shields have been installed at front desk check in points to provide barriers between patients and staff.
- Patients in waiting rooms are masked and placed 6 feet from one another to maintain social distancing.
- We are confirming appointments and addressing these questions with patients so they know exactly what to expect when they come in.